The concept of the Grand Opera House began in 1882 with few local people in business. William Waters was selected to design the new opera house. The new Grand Opera House opened its doors on August 9, 1883, with a production of “The Bohemian Girl” by the C.D. Hess Opera Company. Theatergoers experienced lavish and modern Victorian design, from the hand-painted drop curtain to the elaborately detailed wall and ceiling artistry of local artist J. Frank Waldo.
The Grand Oshkosh still holds performances and shows today! Learn more about the history of The Grand and upcoming shows here!